Click the button below to donate. You can choose the amount when you click through to PayPal.
Please note: YOU DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO MAKE A DONATION. When you click on the Paypal logo, you will be offered the choice of paying securely using your existing debit/credit card or with a Paypal account. You can also donate via online banking to:
Manchester Digital Music Archive Trust
Sort code: 16-58-10 Donating using this method means we don’t have to pay Paypal fees.
Thank you for choosing to make a donation to Manchester Digital Music Archive Trust, UK registered charity no. 1164179
Manchester Digital Music Archive is a user-led online community archive established to celebrate Greater Manchester music and its social history.
We are a registered charity. The day-to-day running of our online archive is done by volunteers.
We also deliver special community engagement programmes and educational events, which are funded by grant-giving bodies, fundraising events and donations from members of the public.
Donations made to MDMArchive help to cover our online and programme running costs. These include: volunteer training, website hosting, development and maintenance costs; and costs for our special educational programmes, including room hire, equipment hire and project management. Donations allow us build extra features onto our website and improve the user experience for our members. Please note, features such as our regular newsletters, enquiry handling and social media management are done by volunteers.
We endeavour to be a transparent organisation and our accounts can be viewed at any time on the Charity Commission website here
Every donation, large or small, can help us achieve the aims and objectives outlined below:
To celebrate Greater Manchester music, protect its heritage and promote awareness of its cultural importance
- To celebrate Greater Manchester music
- To raise awareness of the influence of Greater Manchester music and highlight unsung eras in its history
- To digitise vulnerable collections pertaining to Greater Manchester music
- To record and document the memories of fans, artists and industry alike
- To facilitate exhibitions and events about Greater Manchester music that target as broad an audience as possible
- To develop a not-for-profit self-sustaining organisation to achieve the above
- To prevent the disappearance of artefacts by uncovering vulnerable collections and identifying an appropriate physical ‘home’ for them
- To approach (and encourage approaches from) people wishing to share their experiences of Greater Manchester music
- To document these oral histories in a variety of media
- To raise public awareness of such collections by organising events and exhibitions in a variety of easily accessible, ‘down-to-earth’ venues as well as in traditional exhibition spaces
- To provide an online archive that will map the evolution of Greater Manchester music and its social history
Manchester Digital Music Archive Trust was founded by Abigail Ward, Alison Surtees, CP Lee, Dave Rofe and Matthew Norman.