Manchester District Music Archive
is a user-led online archive established to celebrate Greater Manchester music and its social history.
We are a not-for-profit organisation run by volunteers.
WANTED: volunteers for MDMarchive
(Architect's model of Dry Bar by Ben Kelly, 1988. Photo: Matthew Norman)
Manchester District Music Archive is seeking committed volunteers to help oversee our online archive/website, social media networks, e-newsletters and email account.
This would be an excellent role for students wishing to gain experience in digital archiving, community archives, web development, arts administration, music history, social history, social media strategy, fundraising, event management or not-for-profit governance.
Equally, it would suit a web-savvy non-academic who is passionate about Greater Manchester music and the work we do to celebrate it.
Role: Website co-ordinator
Deadline: Tuesday 4th August 2015 - 9am
Salary: The role is currently voluntary but will be written into funding applications on a project-by-project basis.
Hours: Min: 3 hours per week
- Website/database moderation
- Driving traffic to our site
- Increasing uploads to our site
- Social media management (Tweet scheduling, etc)
- Analysing web usage and social media statistics
- Sending out a monthly e-newsletter
- Occasional event promotion via website, email, Mailchimp and social media
- Management of the MDMarchive email account
- Dealing with enquiries
- Setting up, attending and overseeing minutes for quarterly board meetings
- Updating team and board on a regular basis, as required
Skills, knowledge and experience
- High standard of web literacy
- Experience of working with databases, blogs and/or online content management systems
- Highly developed written & verbal communication skills (grammar Nazis welcome)
- Knowledge of Greater Manchester music
- Knowledge of music subcultures and the broader social and political histories connected to music
- Demonstrable interest in digital media i.e. mobile apps, websites, software, social media, video
- Good head for systems
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of diversity and access
- Tact and diplomacy
- Marvellous sense of humour
To apply for this position please email your CV to email@example.com using FAO Abigail in the subject heading, along with answers to the following questions:
1. What is your favourite artefact on the Manchester District Music Archive website and why? Please include link. (200 words max)
2. What is your favourite piece of music by a band/artist from Greater Manchester and why? (200 words max)
3. If money were no object what improvements would you make to our website? (200 words max)
4. If you were the successful candidate, what steps would you take to increase uploads to our site? (200 words max)
5. Describe a mobile app you use and admire. (200 words max)
6. Describe yourself honestly in six adjectives.
Please send your answers within the main text of your email and include your CV as an attachment.
Interviews: August 13-14th (TBC)
Training Days: September 3rd-4th (TBC)
We would like to respond personally to every application, but due to time constraints this may not be possible. If you haven’t heard back from us by 7th August 2015, please assume that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.
ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
BACKSTAGE PASSES (157)
MEMBERSHIP CARDS (101)
PRESS ARTICLES (996)
PROMOTIONAL ITEMS (155)